Monday, December 24, 2012

Happy holidays!

Ho ho! A new version of SardineCAN is out!

Due to popular requests, I've added support for Lawicel CANUSB and CAN232 devices for both the Arduino firmware as well as to the Win32DLL. For more information about these devices, see
Manufacturer page and the Manual / Command set reference.

What does this mean?

- Owners of Lawicel CAN devices are able to use programs supporting J2534 protocol (such as Volvo VIDA) without any hardware modifications!
- Those who have taken the time to construct SardineCAN themselves, are able to use additional diagnostic programs such as CanHacker as well as numerous other programs that support the CANUSB protocol, since SardineCAN now emulates it by default.

I haven't got any Lawicel devices myself, so I can't be 100% sure that the protocol support works in all cases, but when testing it with CanHacker it seems to function just fine. Please let me know if you come across any problems!

I haven't yet merged the changes into the main branch, but will do that after I get positive feedback from users and make sure that these major changes don't break anything. Meanwhile, the CANUSB branches can be found here and here.

I've also been informed that there is a problem when opening the Visual Studio solution file with Express 2010 edition. Since I do the developing with the Visual Studio 2012 that uses a newer solution file format, earlier versions get confused and refuse to open it.  I heard that Express 2010 Service Pack 1 adds the capability to open 2012 solutions, so you should check it out (much easier than handling separate project files for different Visual studio versions..)





No comments:

Post a Comment